Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Damn pole! >:-/

How many years have I worked in this office building and parked my car without incident in the parking garage? Five years you say?! So how is it that I managed to park by a pole yesterday that jumped into the side of my car as I was pulling out of my space? 

A client once told me that she banged the side of her car on one of the poles in our garage and if I'm honest with myself and with you (my public) my thought was "How is that possible? She must be a pretty bad driver." 

Well, now I know that the poles in this garage are sadistic. When they've lulled you into the sense that you're safe; that they'll stay put and let you pull right out of your space without accosting you, that's when they go in for the kill. Can you believe this? How is this possible? Now I have to decide whether to spend hundreds of dollars to get the repairs done. I think the paint's scraped off enough in one place that if I don't, it'll start rusting. Think RustOleum would do the trick? Ugh. Calgon, take me away.

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! (Imagine I'm saying that like Beulah would.) Well, at least you could still drive it, right? No need to make a decision about fixing it right now. When J T. had his little "mishap" with the truck, it was amazing how everyone had a story of dumb things they'd done with their cars. What's your deductible? Maybe it won't be too bad...

    ReplyDelete