Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Zone

I forgot how good it feels to really do a cardio workout!! I thought I was doing enough but last week, I added spinning to my little 5:30am exercise class routine and I can't believe what a difference it makes. I already feel better physically and emotionally. I splurged on a heart rate monitor and I was sad to see that I can't even maintain the aerobic zone I should be able to at my age. It's ok, though -- gives me something to aim for! Feels good to be taking good care of my body. Now if I could only get myself to eat more vegetables. I really don't like most vegetables. Anybody heard of a pure carb/protein/fat diet? Turn me onto it if you have. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Haven't heard of that diet, but I think it's more about moderation and consistency. I don't know if you remember Dad saying all the time, "Moderation my ass!" Never knew where that came from.

    Eat less, move more is the best diet plan I've ever heard of. I think Weight Watcher's addresses that with portion control. I have to tell you that at this very moment, I'm eating a big bag of pita chips and sitting on my ass, so what do I know?

    Sounds like you're moving alot! 5:30am workouts - now that's dedication!

    ReplyDelete