Sunday, April 18, 2010

Boston Will Have to Wait

Well, I've just learned that the position I was hoping to apply for in Boston is not going to be filled. As Susan noted, the good news is that at least I didn't apply for the job and not get it! Nice reframe.

In all honesty, I think it's for the best. It would have been a relief to have a job with a consistent income and benefits but it feels too early to pick up and move across country. I'm a bit relieved that I'll have time to stay in this cozy little place and make some decisions about what's next for me. 

I might still try to find something in Boston but the possibilities are endless! Maybe I'll move to where Lisa and JT retire. Maybe I'll move back to Pittsburgh (sorry Sarah, but this would be toward the bottom of the places I'd want to live - you and Tom and Pepe are the only draw!). Maybe I'll move to where Maddy's going to school (just joking, Maddy). Maybe I'll just stay right here. Who knows? I'm not as stressed out by not knowing as I would have thought. 

I'll just be taking it a day at a time for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment