Friday, April 30, 2010

The Windy City

Yesterday was SUCH a windy day! I went for my walk and I loved it. I wouldn't have loved it if I were trying to have a picnic or riding a bike into it but walking was great. It fluffed my hair up nicely, too. 

What wasn't so great was that when I got home, my balcony looked like it had been ransacked. The plastic covers for the chairs had literally been blown off the chairs. One was missing altogether! I have no idea where it was blown away to. The chair cushions has also blown off of one of the chairs on the other side of the chair you see in the photo. No idea how it jumped over this chair without flying off the balcony...


See the green chair cover there? When I went to look closer, it had somehow wrapped itself totally around a pot:
The worst part was that I had planted one of those upside down tomato plants and the wind sheered off the plant at the point where it came out of the bag and flung it half way across the balcony. Bummer. I was really looking forward to fresh tomatoes from my patio! I think we have a tornado watch this evening. I have no idea where I'm supposed to go if the sirens go off but I have a feeling that staying in my third story apartment and watching it from the balcony would not be recommended...








No comments:

Post a Comment